People suffering from insomnia, stress, anxiety, autism or ADHD are constantly looking for solutions to make them calm at night and fall asleep easily. Their search often leads to a doctor, but the solution always points to a natural remedy, and one of the remedies is the use of a weighted blanket. While there are myriads of weighted blankets available in the market, there are top-rated weighted blankets that have earned the trust of many consumers.
Before delving into these top-rated weighted blankets, let’s start with the basics about weighted blankets.
What is a weighted blanket?
A weighted blanket is one of the best sleeping partners that give you comfort and ‘cuddling’ like feeling. Many adults and children find it their most preferred sleep accessory making it so popular. The weighted blankets come filled with weights like plastic or glass beads which make them have extra weight than the standard blanket. The blankets come in different sizes and weights depending on the weight of the body to be used on. They also have extra padding of polyester material to make them soft and comfortable to couch on.
Top Rated Weighted blankets on Amazon 2020
We’ve taken the stress off your online search by compiling a list of 20 plus top-rated weighted blankets that will serve you well. The table below gives a highlight of the weighted blankets and their ratings.
|Image||Name||Best For||Amazon Rating||Price|
|Amy Garden Weighted Blanket||Best rated less expensive||4.6||Buy on Amazon|
|YnM Cooling weighted blanket||Best cooling weighted blanket||4.5||Buy on Amazon|
|ZonLi Cooling Weighted Blanket||Best cooling weighted blanket||4.6||Buy on Amazon|
|Dozeology Premium Weighted Blanket||Best for Snooze-Seeking Individuals||4.5||Buy on Amazon|
|Good Knight Weighted Blanket||Allergy-prone people||4.6||Buy on Amazon|
|Quility Premium Adult Weighted Blanket||For Savvy Sleepers | Most versatile||4.7||Buy on Amazon|
|Baloo Cool Cotton Weighted Blanket||Low maintenance blanket||4.7||Buy on Amazon|
|Rocabi Deluxe Weighted Blanket Kingsize Bed||An adult-size lovey||4.4||Buy on Amazon|
|Sommerfly Sleep Tight Weighted Blanket||A trusted option for kids||No rating||Buy on Amazon|
|Roore Children’s Weighted Blanket (5 lbs)||A trusted option for kids||4.6||Buy on Amazon|
|Luna Weighted Blanket||Best all-cotton weighted blankets||4.7||Buy on Amazon|
|Bare Home Weighted Blanket for Adults and Kids||Best all-cotton weighted blankets||4.6||Buy on Amazon|
|YnM Weighted Blanket||Best patterned weighted blankets||4.6||Buy on Amazon|
|Rocabi Adult Weighted Blanket & Cover Luxury Set||Best patterned weighted blankets||4.4||Buy on Amazon|
|YnM Cooling Weighted Blanket With Bamboo Viscose Face||Best bamboo weighted blanket||4.5||Buy on Amazon|
|Dr. Hart’s Weighted Blanket Deluxe Set||Best weighted blanket for anxiety||4.6||Buy on Amazon|
|Degrees of Comfort Weighted Blanket||Best weighted blanket with two cover options||4.4||Buy on Amazon|
|HomeSmart Products King-Size Weighted Blanket||Best extra-large weighted blanket||4.7||Buy on Amazon|
|Hypnoser Weighted Blanket||Best weighted blankets with glass beads||4.6||Buy on Amazon|
|CuteKing Weighted Blanket||Best weighted blankets with glass beads||4.4||Buy on Amazon|
|SensaCalm Weighted Blanket||Most customizable blanket||4.2||Buy on Amazon|
|Layla Weighted Blanket||Best washable weighted blanket||4.8||Buy on Amazon|
The top-rated less expensive weighted blanket
Amy Garden Weighted Blanket
With more than 1,500 reviews and rated at 4.6, this top-rated weighted blanket is the best bust budget pick that will suit you. Even though it does not come with a cover, Amy Garden weighted blanket is still an effective option to help you drift to sleep at an affordable price.
The Amy Garden weighted blanket is made up of 7 layers that prevent the inner fillings from coming out. The inner layer is made from Polyester and compartmentalized with Hypo-allergenic, non-toxic, odorless Glass Beads filling each compartment uniformly.
Amy Garden weighted blanket is available in different sizes and weights. The recommended weight should be between 7 – 15% of the body weight. The purchased weighted blanket should not be too big for the mattress, and shouldn’t hang off the bed for maximum effect.
Amy Garden weighted blanket can be a wonderful sleeping gift for any occasion, be it Christmas, Halloween, thanksgiving, easter, valentine’s, etc. It can also be used for any occasion. This includes sleeping at night, watching TV on the couch, reading a book, in school, or lazing around in the evening after a long day.
The weighted blanket is not recommended for physically weak people, children, pregnant women, and the sick.
Features of Amy Garden weighted blanket
- It is made up of 7 layers
- 100% premium breathable cotton
- Made of lightweight fabric that comes in very large density
- Filled with premium glass beads that are hypo-allergenic, non-toxic and odorless
- Has several weights to choose from for children and adults
- Has good moisture absorption to keep your skin comfortable
Pros of Amy Garden Weighted Blanket
- Filled with hypo-allergenic, non-toxic, and odorless glass beads
- Good moisture absorption
- Available in different weights and sizes
- Made from 100% cotton, hence highly breathable
- Has 7 layers to keep it strong and durable
- It can be used everywhere and for anything
Cons of Amy Garden weighted blanket
- The weighted blanket cover is purchased separately
- Not good for children, pregnant mothers, physically weak, and the sick
- Can be hard to keep it clean all through unless the cover is purchased
Best cooling weighted blankets
ZonLi Cooling Weighted Blanket
Zonli Cooling weighted blanket has a rating of 4.6 from massive 6,600 reviewers and has been dubbed Amazon’s choice for best cooling weighted blankets. The weighted blanket is suitable for all-season comfort, gives you a night of better sleep and is a perfect gift idea for your loved ones.
Zonli cooling weighted blanket is worth your pennies because the manufacturers have invested in high-density sewing technology. It has a two-layer microfiber that prevents loosening of the threat and leakage of the inner fillings. The weighted blanket is made of smaller squares to evenly distribute glass beads within the blanket.
Zonli cooling weighted blanket is made from 2 layers of 100% soft cotton fabric which is perfect for maintaining cool temperatures. The weighted blanket has loops that help to fasten the duvet cover.
The manufacturers recommend a weight of between 6% – 10% of your body weight, or even lighter one for the first try. The weighted blanket is a bit smaller in size than the standard blanket to concentrate the weight on the body.
Zonli cooling weighted blanket does not come with a duvet cover. However, it is recommended that you purchase one with it because it is easy to clean and extends the lifespan of the weighted blanket.
Features of Zonli cooling weighted blanket
- It suitable for various uses apart from sleeping under it at night
- Has been exposed to high density-sewing technology
- Two layers of microfiber are added to prevent loosening of threat and leakage of glass beads
- It is filled with glass beads inside
- Made from 100% soft cotton fabric to make it highly breathable and cooling on the skin
Pros of Zonli cooling weighted blanket
- Made from 100% cotton hence perfect temperature control
- Strongly sewn to make it last longer
- Used for all-season comfort
- 2 layers of microfiber prevent movement and leakage of glass beads
- Filled with hypo-allergenic, non-toxic, odorless glass beads
- Its machine washable
- Comes in different sizes and weights
- Has a variety of colors to choose from
Cons of Zonli cooling weighted blanket
- Doesn’t come with a duvet cover
- Can easily be damaged when exposed to direct sources of heat
YnM Cooling weighted blanket
Most sleepers have a tendency of kicking off their blankets at night due to hot temperatures. YnM Cooling Weighted Blanket is cold to the touch. The silky smooth 300 thread count bamboo viscose filled with thinner polyfill and premium glass beads is adopted to make this unique cooler version weighted blanket which is 1-3 degrees cooler than ordinary cotton weighted blanket. It has smaller compartments to make its weight evenly distributed.
YnM Cooling weighted blanket is great for hot, perspiring sleepers. The breathable, smart fabric and moisture-wicking management are comforting enabling hot sleepers to stay drier and cooler. Cool sleepers also stay cozy all night. The bamboo fabric feels cool to the touch and the glass beads feature high specific heat capacity that keeps the body cool throughout the night. The deep touch and the cool feeling from this top-rated weighted blanket will enable you to fall asleep faster and remain asleep for long.
It is recommended that you stick to the weight guides provided by the manufacturer. For example, a 15 lbs YnM Cooling weighted blanket is suitable for people between 90lbs to 150lbs. The weighted blanket can be smaller than a standard blanket to concentrate the weight on the body. Taller people and those who like tossing around might be disadvantaged because the blanket could be short and narrow.
The YnM Cooling weighted blanket is leakage free. It has two layers of highly breathable cotton fabric between the bamboo fabric to help keep the glass beads together.
YnM weighted blanket is machine washable.
Features of YnM Cooling Weighted Blanket
- It is leakage-free with an evenly distributed weight
- It is filled with thinner polyfill and premium glass beads
- The weighted blanket is made from silky smooth 300 thread count bamboo viscose
- Made of smaller compartments for evenly distributed weight
- Made from 100% breathable cotton fabric
Pros of YnM Cooling Weighted Blanket
- It is made from 100% natural material
- The bamboo viscose fabric gives it an ultrasoft feel to the touch
- It is skin-friendly
- It is environment-friendly
- The fabric used is breathable and has a cooling effect
Cons of YnM Cooling Weighted Blanket
- It does not come with a duvet cover
- It is available in only one color
The best weighted blanket for Snooze-Seeking Individuals
Dozeology Premium Weighted Blanket
If you ever complain that your partner hogs the blankets or the stuffing in your bedding slumps to the side leaving you cold and your partner hot, then this top-rated weighted blanket is the solution you are looking for. The premium weighted blankets from Dozeology tries to fix the problem by having eight corner ribbons on both the blanket and the duvet cover which prevents the filling from clumping or shifting.
Dozeology Premium weighted blanket is rated at 4.5 from more than 150 reviews and is marked as Amazon’s choice for white weighted blanket queen.
Unlike the earlier reviewed weighted blankets, this premium weighted blanket comes with luxurious breathable cotton duvet cover. The duvet cover is guaranteed to keep the lifespan of the Dozeology Premium weighted blanket for long because the constant washing of the weighted blanket weakens its fabric.
Dozeology Premium weighted blanket has been made with innovative sewing technology that keeps the inner fillings together. The beads used to fill the weighted blanket won’t leak or shift uncomfortably in the blanket. The weighted blanket has been filled with hypo-allergenic completely sewn-in beads and is evenly distributed to keep the weight balanced.
Dozeology Premium weighted blanket is easy to wash at home. The duvet cover that is sold as a set with the weighted blanket is machine washable and has a 60 inches ultra-wide opening that can be used to take out the blanket and wash.
Features of Dozeology Premium Weighted Blanket
- Made from 100% breathable cotton
- Available in Sky White and Frost Grey colors
- Filled with hypoallergenic sewn-in beads
- Its machine washable
- Comes with a duvet cover sold as a set
Pros of Dozeology Premium Weighted Blanket
- It is made from 100% breathable, ultra-soft, high-quality cotton
- Its machine washable
- Has a duvet cover included as a set
- Filled with hypo-allergenic, non-toxic, odorless beads
- Perfectly sewn together with innovative technology to avoid leakage of beads
Cons of Dozeology Premium Weighted Blanket
- It has a limited selection of colors
- It comes in one weight and size
The best weighted blanket for Allergy-prone people
Good Knight Weighted Blanket
Good Knight weighted blanket is made from 100% premium cotton sewn into small squares. Each square is filled with tiny non-toxic, poly-pellets which helps to distribute the weight on the blanket evenly.
The weighted blanket by Good Knight Blankets come in various sizes suitable for teens and adults up to the height of 6’6”. The manufacturers recommend a weight that is at least 10% that of the body weight.
Good Knight weighted blanket does not come with a duvet cover. However, the manufacturers offer a 20% discount on the duvet cover when purchased together with the weighted blanket.
The weighted blanket has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars from over 780 customers. Most customers mentioned that the weighted blanket from Good Knight has helped them with anxiety. According to Justin Revel, the weighted blanket is a “wonderful product. Evenly distributed weight and temperature stay neutral throughout use. Highly recommended. Excellent quality!”.
Features of Good Knight Weighted Blanket
- The weighted blanket is made from 100% premium cotton
- It is filled with non-toxic poly-pellets
- It comes in various sizes
- Has a matching duvet cover which is purchased separately
Pros of Good Knight Weighted Blanket
- It keeps temperatures at a constant
- It reduces anxiety
- Can be used by both teens and adults
- Made from 100% cotton hence it is highly breathable
Cons of Good Knight Weighted Blanket
- It does not come with a duvet cover
- Has a limited color selection
Best weighted blanket for Savvy Sleepers
Quility Premium Adult Weighted Blanket
Quility Premium adult weighted blanket is a 7-layered weighted blanket made from 100% cotton. Quility’s innovative 7-layer design has been made to provide extreme comfort. The outer layer of the blanket is ultra-breathable, while the inner layers are made from non-glue polyester lining that contains the millions of micro glass beads. The sewing technology used guarantees that the blankets have evenly distributed weight and the glass beads never leak.
This premium adult weighted blanket by Quility comes as a complete set, with a duvet cover included. The Minky duvet cover included with Quility weighted blanket is soft-to-the-touch and super-comfortable. The duvet cover is used for additional warmth in the winter and can be removed to keep cool in the summer. The duvet cover has a zipper to ensure that the weighted blanket remains intact. It also has loops at the edges to fasten it to the blanket to avoid shifting of the weighted blanket.
The Quility Premium adult weighted blanket comes in various colors. Both the weighted blanket and the premium duvet cover have a range of colors that give the consumer unlimited options. The duvet covers are available in grey, light grey, blue, and ivory colors. On the other hand, the Quility Premium weighted blankets come in pink, ivory, grey, aqua, blue, and chevron pattern colors.
The material used to make Quility weighted blanket makes it so comfortable and warm for a great night of sleep. It offers a gentle hug hence one sleeps soundly.
The weighted blankets come in different weights and sizes. The manufacturers recommend a weight of 10 – 12% of the body weight. The right size of the weighted blanket ensures that the user gets optimal benefits from the weighted blanket.
Features of Quility Premium Weighted Blanket
- It is made from 100% breathable cotton
- The weighted blanket has 7 layers that bind the inner fillings together
- The weighted blanket is filled with millions of premium micro glass beads
- The premium glass beads are hypoallergenic, non-toxic, colorless, and lead-free
- The weighted blanket and the duvet cover are machine-washable
Pros of Quility Premium Weighted Blanket
- The premium cotton used is highly breathable
- Has a duvet cover included in the purchase
- It can be used for any occasion – watching TV, cuddling, reading a book, taking a nap, etc.
- It comes in different sizes and weights
- Has a variety of colors to choose from
- The blanket and the duvet cover can be washed by a machine
Cons of Quility Premium Weighted Blanket
- It is slightly expensive than the previous blankets
Best Low Maintenance weighted Blanket
Baloo Cool Cotton Weighted Blanket
Baloo Cool Cotton Weighted Blanket is a perfect choice for people looking for a weighted blanket that has a bedroom vibe as opposed to a living-room vibe. It is also suitable for those who prefer an easy to maintain a weighted blanket. The blankets are so soft-to-the-touch and comfortable to fall asleep in.
The Baloo Cool Cotton Weighted Blanket has been made from premium quality materials. The cotton used in chemical-free, highly breathable for maximum comfort. Cotton fabric meets the Oeko-Tex Standard. The Oeko-Tex textiles and fabrics do not contain any harmful chemicals making them safe for humans.
The size of the blanket has been designed to perfectly fit on top of the queen size bed without hanging on the side. This provides a comfortable fit covering your entire body and providing even distribution of weight over the body. The manufacturers recommend that the weight of the blanket should be between 8 to 12 percent of the bodyweight for maximum benefits.
Baloo Cool Cotton weighted blanket is machine washable and safe for the dryer. It is however recommended that cold water is used on the gentle cycles with the whites-only, and dried on low heat.
The manufacturers offer a 100 percent guaranteed refund or replacement if the customer is not satisfied with the weighted blanket.
Features of Baloo Cool Cotton Weighted Blanket
- Made from chemical-free, highly breathable premium quality cotton
- Filled with micro glass beads
- Available in 12, 15, and 20 pounds
- Provided in pebble white color
Pros of Baloo Cool Cotton Weighted Blanket
- Easy care and maintenance
- lead -free glass microbeads used
- Soothes you to sleep naturally and provides a warm hug
- Its machine washable
Cons of Baloo Cool Cotton Weighted Blanket
- The duvet cover is just held in place by only two loops on the short end and three on the sides
- It is not sold as a set, the duvet cover is purchased as a separate item
The Best weighted blanket for kids
Sommerfly Sleep Tight Weighted Blanket
Sommerfly Sleep Tight weighted blankets were co-founded by an occupational therapist. The Designers at Sommerfly thought through customer satisfaction and durability. The blanket has a cutout at the top which has been ingeniously designed to keep the kids’ heads safely uncovered.
This sleep tight weighted blanket by Sommerfly is best for kids who like the feel of pressure on their shoulders and the rest of the body. However, the use of a weighted blanket on kids should be dreaded carefully. It is often a good thing to seek the child’s pediatrician’s advice before using one. It is not recommended for children below 2 years, and those under 5 years should use it under the close supervision of an adult. The child should not have any medical condition.
Sommerfly Sleep Tight weighted blanket feels compact and comfortable on the body. The soft cotton used on the outside layer feels sturdy.
The Sleep Tight weighted blanket by Sommerfly is designed to be smaller than the rest. The reason is for it to fit the body perfectly, hence distributing its weight on the body evenly.
The weighted blanket is machine washable and can be dried in a dryer. However, one can purchase a duvet cover separately to reduce the work of having to wash it frequently and keep it clean for long.
Features of Sommerfly Sleep Tight weighted blanket
- Has a cutout at the top to avoid covering the head while asleep
- It is machine washable
- It’s made from natural cotton fabric
Pros of Sommerfly Sleep Tight weighted blanket
- It is the most suitable blanket for kids
- The cutout at the top makes it hard for children to suffocate under the weighted blanket
- The weighted blanket can be used for any occasion
- It is soft-to-the-touch and comfortable to sleep under
Cons of Sommerfly Sleep Tight weighted blanket
- Slightly expensive than the rest of the blankets
- Does not come with a duvet cover
Roore 5 lb Weighted Blankets for Kids (5lbs)
Roore weighted blanket for kids is the most recommended weighted blanket for children suffering from sensory issues and ADHD. The heavy glass beads that are hypoallergenic, non-toxic, and odorless exert pressure on the body hence helping children fall asleep faster and sleep better throughout the night.
Roore recommends a weighted blanket of between 8 and 12 percent of their body weight. The 5 lb weighted blanket is perfect for children weighing between 40 to 60 lb.
The weighted blanket from Roore actually gives you value for your money because despite being sold at a low price, it comes with a dotted Minky duvet cover. The zipper of the Minky duvet cover is concealed and can be fastened with corner loops to prevent any sulking.
The duvet cover has two parts, a Minky side, and a soft side. Children will have a choice of what suits them. The duvet cover is easily removable for cleaning hence the weighted blanket is preserved from deterioration as a result of frequent washing.
The weighted blanket by Roore is compartmentalized to evenly distribute the heavy glass beads. This guarantees that the weight of the blanket won’t shift to one side after repeated use.
Features of Roore Weighted Blanket for Kids
- It is available in 5lb, 10lb, 15lb, and 20lb weights
- The weighted blanket is filled with hypoallergenic, non-toxic, odorless premium glass beads
- The included duvet cover comes with a zipper to make it easy to hold the weighted blanket
- It has two parts, the Minky part and the soft part, so children are able to choose the most comfortable side
Pros of Roore Weighted Blanket for Kids
- It has two parts, a Minky side, and a soft side
- The fabric used is soft and breathable
- It comes with a zipper cover making it easy to clean and maintain
- The weighted blanket is sewn to make small compartments that keep the weights evenly distributed
Cons of Roore Weighted Blanket for Kids
- The weighted blanket slips easily within the cover despite the loops provided for fastening it
Best all-cotton weighted blankets
Luna Weighted Blanket
This is a budget option weighted blanket that doesn’t feel cheap. It’s because the Luna Weighted blanket is smooth against the skin, and looks and feels more balanced than most of the weighted blankets.
Luna weighted blankets are the best option for those looking for all cotton and cheaper options for their bedroom solution. The weighted blanket is hardly $70, however, it feels like it cost a lot more bucks given the comfort and feel that most of the expensive blankets don’t even provide.
Luna weighted blanket uses a distributed smart design. They use unique glass beads that are more durable and comfortable than plastic beads. The glass beads are held by lustrous fibers, hence creating a calming effect by being evenly distributed.
The weighted blanket uses a hypoallergenic Oeko-Tex certified cotton fabric. Their hypoallergenic blankets are free of any harmful chemicals. The design has air channels that keep air circulating maintaining a comfortable sleep temperature.
Luna weighted blankets come in various sizes and colors. There are nine weights available in total. The colors available are light grey, dark grey, and grey striped among others. The blankets fit in twin, full, queen, and king size beds. The recommended weight should be ten percent of the body weight. The king-size Luna weighted blanket is meant for sharing, hence it can be used by couples.
This weighted blanket by Luna is not sold with a duvet cover. However, there so many covers available for purchase that have been designed to work perfectly with the weighted blanket. The duvet covers are available in different colors and sizes as well.
Features of Luna weighted blanket
- It comes in various colors, sizes, and weights
- It has a king-size weighted blanket for sharing
- Made from 100% cotton
- Made from 7 layers of fabric to keep fillers intact when using it
- It’s Made from hypoallergenic, Oeko-Tex Certified and non-toxic glass beads
Pros of Luna weighted blanket
- It is environment-friendly
- Made from naturally soft cotton fabric that is comfortable to the skin and touch
- It’s easy to care for. Can be washed in a machine
- Has evenly distributed weight due to its unique design
Cons of Luna weighted blanket
- The cotton fabric on the weighted blanket and fabric fills thinner than expected
- The zipper used on the duvet cover is a bit cheap and detach easily
- Its duvet cover is purchased separately
Bare Home Weighted Blanket for Adults and Kids
The Bare Home weighted blanket is yet another weighted blanket that is made of 100 percent cotton. The all-natural premium cotton offers soothing comforting that results in deep restful sleep. This weighted blanket is perfectly weighted such that it provides ideal pressure for all genders, ages, and body shapes.
The Bare Home weighted blanket has been made from all-natural and environment-friendly premium products. The weighted blanket features non-toxic, Oeko-Tex certified premium elements that guarantee healthy peaceful sleep.
This weighted blanket by Bare Home has been designed to mimic the sensation of being hugged with soothing breathable pressure. The weighted blanket is uniquely stitched by hand to ensure that the dual layers of 100% cotton provide ideal soothing pressure across the entire blanket. The weighted blanket is stitched into compartments to provide holding spaces for nontoxic ultra-fine glass beads that make the weight evenly distributed across the blanket.
Bare Home weighted blanket can be machine washed, hand-washed, or dry cleaned. It has corners that allow for use with a duvet cover. A duvet cover is recommended to provide extra cleanliness and durability of the weighted blanket.
Features of Bare Home weighted blanket
- It is made from 100% cotton
- Filled with nontoxic ultra-fine glass beads
- Available in both teen and adult sizes
- Can be machine washed, hand-washed or dry cleaned
Pros of Bare Home weighted blanket
- Made from highly breathable, premium cotton
- It’s so soft to the touch and skin
- Uses Oeko-Tex certified premium elements hence not harmful for human use
- Uniquely stitched to provide even distribution of weights hence the maximum effect
Cons of Bare Home weighted blanket
- Does not come with a duvet cover
- Limited colors and sizes to choose from
Best weighted blanket with two cover options
Degrees of Comfort Weighted Blanket with Two Duvet Covers
Degrees of Comfort weighted blanket was discovered as a result of restlessness and sleep deprivation. The occupational therapist behind the discovery used the concept of deep pressure stimulation (DPS) and research from different scholars to arrive at this solution that seeks to transform lives.
The fact that this weighted blanket by the Degrees of Comfort comes with two duvet covers is not the only thing that makes it great. It is one of the best anti-gravity blankets for people suffering from sensory issues. The users get instant relief from lack of sleep that causes irritability, unhappy and unhealthy lives. The weighted blanket is ideal for kids and adults and can be shared among restless couples.
The technology used to fill the blanket is the most advanced in the whole world. Nano-ceramic beads are used to ensure that deep maximum pressure stimulation is achieved. Unlike weighted blankets filled with cheap glass and plastic beads, this blanket guarantees silky serenity thanks to the nano-ceramic beads technology. The inner fillings are evenly distributed in the blanket for maximum effect.
Degrees of Comfort is a perfect choice for both hot and cold sleepers. The weighted blanket comes with two duvet covers. One of the duvet covers is warm and cozy, perfect for winter. The other one is made of CoolMax Microfiber technology. This allows heat ventilation from your body during summer.
With Degrees of Comfort weighted blanket, you are guaranteed unlimited degrees of freedom. You get a full night’s rest all year round. The use of the sturdiest materials and the Duralast fiber stitching makes it the most durable weighted blanket. In fact, Degrees of Comfort manufacturers give a 365 days money-back guarantee!
Features of Degrees of Comfort weighted blanket
- It uses nano-ceramic beads technology
- Has 10-point weight distribution
- Includes two duvet covers
- Available in different weights and sizes
Pros of Degrees of Comfort weighted blanket
- It is suitable for any weather conditions
- It is engineers to last long with the use of sturdy materials and Duralast Stitching technology
- Has been designed to keep the weight well distributed
- Can be used by both young and old
- Known to relief sensory disorders
- It is highly recommended by Amazon and has so many customer reviews than most of the other weighted blankets
Cons of Degrees of Comfort weighted blanket
- Limited colors to choose from
Best extra-large weighted blanket
HomeSmart Products King-Size Weighted Blanket
The weighted blanket from Smart Products provides a large king-size weighted blanket that is suitable for your needs. The weighted blanket boasts of 100% natural breathable cotton. This king-size weighted blanket fits on your king-size bed perfectly by size, not just by name.
Unlike other weighted blankets that recommend the weight of the blanket based on body weight, the HomeSmart Products uses a different approach. They recommend that you first select the bed size(King, Queen, Twin) then followed by the weighted blanket based on the desired pressure. The manufacturer provides the amount of pressure each blanket exerts, hence it makes it easy for one to select their desired weighted blanket upon checkout.
Most of the weighted blankets that call themselves king-size are not true to their word. In most cases, the name is just for sales. However, the king-size weighted blanket from HomeSmart Products has been designed to be truly large and fits in king and queen beds. It will enable you to whisk away the pressures of the day or sleep more soundly. It has been designed with 400 thread count to provide the best comfort that you need for the best night’s sleep.
The king-size weighted blanket from HomeSmart Products can be machine washable. The use of ultra-soft 100% organic cotton makes it easy to wash and dry. The ultra-soft organic cotton conforms perfectly with your body hence no overheating. The weighted blanket has 10 loops around its sides to allow for easy addition of the luxurious duvet cover that is sold separately.
Features of HomeSmart Products King-Size Weighted Blanket
- Wonderfully soft 400 thread count to give you a premium feel
- Breathable organic cotton fabric for all seasons
- Non-toxic no-leak micro-glass beads
- The blanket can be washed with machine
- Built-in duvet cover attachment loops to make it easy to change the look and feel
Pros of HomeSmart Products King-Size Weighted Blanket
- It is made from 100% organic and highly breathable cotton
- Easy to wash and maintain using machine wash
- Has different sizes for different bed sizes
- The blanket weight is evenly distributed
- Made from ultra-soft material with guaranteed durability
Cons of HomeSmart Products King-Size Weighted Blanket
- Duvet cover sold separately
Best weighted blankets with glass beads
Hypnoser Weighted Blanket
Most of the blankets reviewed in this article fall into this category. However, this weighted blanket from Hypnoser stands out from all of them. The Computer Programmed sewing technology used aims at zero leaks and 100% weight distribution is guaranteed by smaller diamond pockets. The evenly distributed glass weights distribute over the body for optimal mental and physical well-being. In fact, the diamond-shaped pockets combined with the world-class sewing technology keeps the fillers noise-free, which is hardly the case with other weighted blankets with glass beads.
The fabric used to make the Hypnoser weighted blanket is highly breathable and made from natural material. It provides much-needed warmth and comfort during the night. It feels like a gentle hug. The weighted blanket guarantees faster and sound sleep.
The Hypnoser anxiety weighted blanket is easy to care for. The weighted blanket is double lined and stitched. It is machine washable on a low, gentle cycle with cold water. The weighted blanket is supposed to be hanged out to dry. A Hypnoser duvet cover is highly recommended for easier cleaning. The duvet cover is sold separately.
Hypnoser recommends weight that is 10% of the body weight. In this case, a 15 lb weighted blanket can be used by individuals that are 130 – 150 pounds. The Hypnoser weighted blankets are available for twin beds, full beds, queen and king-sized beds. The recommended size for twin and full beds is 48”x72” while 60”x80” is recommended for full, queen and king-sized beds.
Features of Hypnoser weighted blanket
- It is made from 100% organic fabric
- It is filled glass beads
- Available in various sizes and weights
- It is machine washable
Pros of Hypnoser weighted blanket
- The organic fabric used is highly breathable
- The blanket has diamond-like pockets sewn in for even distribution of weight
- It is easy to clean and care for
- Ideal for any occasion
- Guarantees warm and comfortable sleep
Cons of Hypnoser weighted blanket
- A duvet cover is not included in the purchase
CuteKing Weighted Blanket
The CuteKing weighted blankets have been engineered to help adults and kids relax by simulating the feeling of being held or hugged. It makes one fall asleep faster and better throughout the night.
CuteKing weighted blanket is made from 100% high-density natural cotton. The cotton fabric is highly breathable and durable. The blanket is filled with cool tiny glass beads. Less fiber is used to hold the glass beads together making it ideal for all seasons. The fiber also ensures that the weights do not move freely.
The weighted blanket by CuteKing is made up of 7 layers with two layers of microfiber. This design guarantees proper temperature controls and no leakage of glass beads. The compartments of the blanket are sewn to the right size to ensure even weight distribution on the blanket.
The recommended weight by CuteKing manufacturers for the purchased weighted blanket is between 7 and 12 percent of the body weight. However, this weight may vary depending on the comfort and needs of an individual.
The weighted blanket purchase does not include a duvet cover. However, it is recommended that a duvet cover is purchased alongside the weighted blanket for easy cleaning. CuteKing makes different duvet covers that can fit your weighted blanket perfectly.
The weighted blanket is machine washable on a gentle setting. It can also be hand-washed. pet s should not be allowed to bite or scratch the blanket. Sharp objects shouldn’t be used to pierce the blanket.
Features of CuteKing weighted blanket
- Made from 100% breathable cotton fabric perfect for body temperature control
- Extra polyester layers prevent leakage of micro-glass beads
- Non-glue polyester padding is used around the glass beads to ensure there is maximum comfort
- The blanket is filled with premium hypoallergenic, non-toxic, odorless, lead-free glass beads
- The sewing technology used guarantees the durability of the weighted blanket.
Pros of CuteKing weighted blanket
- Made from highly breathable fabric
- It is easy to clean and maintain by either machine or hand
- It is suitable for hot and cold sleepers
- Available in a variety of sizes and weights
- Guaranteed evenly distributed weight from the sewing technology
Cons of CuteKing weighted blanket
- It is not sold with a duvet cover
- Cannot be used by people younger than 13 years of age
- Not recommended for the old and physically weak
Materials used to make a weighted blanket
Weighted blankets are similar to standard blankets, only that they are filled with weights for extra weight than normal.
Most of the blankets are filled with weights such as micro glass beads, plastic poly pellets, and steel shot beads. Others use natural fillers like sand, river stone, and pebbles. There are those that also use organic material such as rice, corn kernels, wheat, barley, and beans grains.
When buying a weighted blanket, it is good to know what filler is used to fill it and how the fillers and fabric are fastened together to avoid the fillers being mobile within the blanket. The main reason is that some of the weights used could be allergic to the body. Others could result in being damp and heavy when exposed to water and never let out to dry well. This has an effect of acting as a breeding ground for bacteria and molds. This and other side effects are discussed in the side effects for weighted blankets post.
How does the weighted blanket work?
The name of the weighted blanket suggests that it is heavier than the standard blanket. This extra weight is meant to exert deep pressure on pressure points on the skin resulting in a calming effect. This pressure is similar to a therapeutic massage that is known to help people suffering from insomnia, sensory processing disorder, autism, ADHD, anxiety, and other stress-related conditions.
Weighted blankets use the principle of Deep Touch Pressure (DTP) or Deep Pressure Stimulation (DPS) to improve relaxation. The feeling of extra weight and physical pressure can result in a calming effect.
Occupational therapists often suggest the use of a weighted blanket to help people with restless nights to relax, feel good, and get a night of healthy sleep.
Types of the weighted blanket and their specifications
Weighted blankets are made from normal material like cotton, linen, fleece, flannel, rayon, and microfibre. However, they have filler weights stuffed in between these materials and fastened to make them evenly distributed on the blanket. The weighted blankets can be categorized based on how the inner fillers have been fastened and how they are made. This is important to understand before going for a weighted blanket because in most cases, it will inform your decision.
The weighted blankets types are described below.
DIY weighted blanket
This is a custom made weighted blanket that you can make to your own liking. With so many tutorials online, making a weighted blanket shouldn’t be a hard nut to crack. What you need are the right materials including fillers and cotton or fleece to use to cover the fillers. All these materials can be bought on Amazon and a weighted blanket that fits your liking can be made within no time.
The only problem with a custom made weighted blanket is its durability and adhering to the required standards. However, with a lot of trial and error, you can come up with a perfect weighted blanket that will give you the much-anticipated comfort. Who knows, those little steps could be leading you to start your own industry for making weighted blankets. Even the much-adored manufactures never came from the blues.
These types of blankets have external material sewn to have box-like pockets which are then filled with weights. These weights are equally filled on the box-like pockets to make them evenly distributed across the weighted blanket. The filler weights include micro glass beads, plastic poly pellets, and steel shot beads.
A channel type weighted blanket resembles a box construction type weighted blanket, but instead of being sewn to boxes, the weighted blanket has been sewn to channels which are then filled with filler weights. The channels form compartments that restrict the movement of the filler materials, making the blanket have evenly distributed weight. The body draped under this blanket will feel the maximum effect of a weighted blanket because of the evenly distributed weight.
Fully sewn blankets
These kinds of weighted blankets have the weighted blanket with its cover fully sewn together to make a complete weighted blanket with unremovable cover. The weighted blanket has a maximum effect on the body and causes the release of melatonin. This hormone is responsible for the production of the feel-good serotonin hormone.
Key features of weighted blanket you should know before buying it
There are four important features that you need to know before you go through the list of top-rated weighted blankets. These features determine the type of weighted blanket that you buy and how you will care for it. Let’s dive in and get to know more about these features.
various sizes exist in the market depending on your needs. There are twin, full, king, and queen weighted blankets. The most important thing is that the weighted blanket should not hang on your bed, but fit the size of the bed and cover your body entirely for maximum effect. If you are looking to buy weighted blankets for couples, kindly read the article on weighted blankets for couples first.
Weighted blankets are made of different fabrics. It is good to know the type of fabric used before buying one. most, however, use cotton, fleece, linen, and flannel among others. Some come with a rugged texture like Minky blankets for extra soothing. This will entirely depend on your condition and your preference.
Weight is an important factor to consider when buying a weighted blanket. The weighted blanket shouldn’t be too heavy or too light for you. A general rule of thumb to use is to get a weighted blanket that has ten percent weight of your body. So if you are 150 pounds, the weighted blanket should be around 15 pounds. The weight can have a plus or minus two pounds. This will entirely depend on your level of comfort.
Weighted blanket cover
Most of the weighted blankets come with a cover, while some not have a cover a part of the package. You should take note of this. It is recommended that you get a weighted blanket that comes with a cover to avoid the risk of adding more weights from a cover purchased independently.
Weighted blanket covers are so essential in keeping the weighted blanket clean. When they become dirty, the covers are removed and washed, hence reducing the number of times that the weighted blanket is washed in a year.